Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

thirty. three-zero. 3-0.

All over the web i've seen the lists. You know the ones. The 30 before your 30 lists. I contemplated doing one myself. Then poof, here we are. I'm 6 days away. 6 days from being 30. What did I want to accomplish? Is it enough? Should I run like hell this week and try to fit everything in? 

Some folks are telling me that your 30's are ideal. Most of those people are 30. Don't get me wrong, I think they hold a lot of promise, it's just WOW.... how quickly we made it here. Wasn't it last week that I had permed bangs and tight-rolled jeans? Wasn't it yesterday that we packed my parents van and headed to NYC in the sweltering August heat, so that I could move into a Brooklyn roach infested apartment that smelled like perogies? Wasn't it just today that I walked down the streets of Portland, wondering how these people got to be so hip? (wait ok it was).


The point is, it's here. So to embrace the change, I've started a new space. To write, to vent, to self-medicate. I will pour myself another cup of coffee and focus on a few things today. Decide how to spend my last week in my 20's.

In the mean time, here' my very random: LIFE BEFORE THIRTY LIST: survived a childhood in a town of 500, made amazing-life-long-friends, perfected a rhubarb pie, lived in Germany, milked a cow, visited Paris, dyed my hair pink,  sold my art to someone I don't know, adopted a dog, married my best friend, played in the Costa Rican rain, ate fried green tomatoes, drove across the country in a van that shouldn't have made it, started my life over in multiple states, won first prize in a costume contest, celebrated multiple birthdays on a boat, had a first date at an art museum, listened to an Orchestra play outside of La Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona, hit the jackpot in atlantic city, stood with my toes in the sand in montauk, survived bedbugs without losing my mind, went to the longest bar in the world in Ireland, stayed in the Annie Oakley Suite, took a burlesque class, watched fireworks from a NYC rooftop, camped in the desert with 2 of my best girl friends, ate fabulous dinners in the littlest most bizarre indian restaurant with my favorite people, was a bartender in new york, set off an alarm and made the police come, got a restraining order against someone, spoke in front of hundreds of people, taught crafts to a group of little 4-Hers, volunteered for Special Olympics, ate tapas on a boat in spain, hit a home run.

No comments:

Post a Comment